- IPv6 support.
- Improved Hijack Detection. I wrote a blog article on this great feature which can be found here. Alt-N has expanded the Hijack Detection features by enabling the admin to pick different thresholds based on the IP address email is seen coming from. Limits can be set on Reserved IPs (these are the private IP ranges i.e. 192.168.*.*), Local IPs (IP addresses configured for MDaemon), and “all other IPs” (public IP addresses).
- Improved Dynamic Screen. By default MDaemon blocks IP addresses from connecting that have failed 3 authentication attempts. This is not new. What is new is that we now have a sub option to not block the IP address if the same password is for authentication each time. If the same credentials are given over and over then this indicates an unattended account, rather than a brute force password hacking attempt. An unattended account is one not used by a human being (i.e. an account used by a multi function printer). Useful to prevent the IP address of a branch office site from being blocked!
- Password Management. MDaemon can now generate a report of accounts that are using weak passwords and send that report in an email. This email simply notes that email addresses of the accounts that have weak passwords. It does not list the password configured for the account. MDaemon can also force accounts to change their password before the user is allowed to log in. Please note that the password change is facilitated through WorldClient (MDaemon’s web mail). The user would need to access WorldClient and try to log in. They would then get prompted that their password needs to be changed and asked to provide their old password, and the new password (plus confirmation) that they would like to use. MDaemon can even remember old passwords for the users and prevent them from reusing old passwords!
- Expanded Host Screen. This option is used to reject SMTP connections that use certain values in the HELO, or EHLO statement during a SMTP session. Previously MDaemon would always wait until after the MAIL FROM command to reject a connection based on the HELO/EHLO value. The purpose of this was to wait for the user to authenticate, because authenticated sessions are exempt from Host Screen lookups. Admins asked for the ability to have MDaemon reject a connection directly after the HELO/EHLO lookup and its here!
- Virtru Email Encryption. This is a third party service that Alt-N Technologies have integrated directly with their web mail. Specifically the WorldClient theme. This service provides end-to-end encryption. Outlook users can download a plugin to utilize Virtru’s encryption of emails. More to information to come on this new feature.
Have any questions? Send us an email! email@example.com